Browse Items (16 total)

  • Tags: Catholicism

"The Friary is a townland on Killymard ([Cill O mBárd]) side of Lough Eske. It was here the Friars settled when banished from Donegal and ministered to the spiritual wants of the neigh-bouring districts.

There is now no sign of a church or…

The opening paragraph's of Alice Curtayne's 1932 pamphlet about Lough Derg

"Templecarn contains 794 families, 1,987 males, 2,185 females, 1,728 Established Church, 2,568 Roman Catholic, 97 Presbyterians, 4,393 total..."

"Most pilgrims develop for this rocky island and its harsh routine an affection that really defies explanation..."
Output Formats

atom, csv, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2