The landholders of the parish

Dublin Core

Title

The landholders of the parish

Subject

Lough Derg--Ordnance Survey--Description--Lieutenant Lancey

Description

"The chief proprieters are the representatives of the late Colonel Leslie, who hold 45 townlands out of 50..."

Creator

Lieutenant W. Lancey, 1835

Source

Parish of Templecarn, in Institute of Irish Studies, and Royal Irish Academy, Parishes of County Donegal / Edited by Angélique Day and Patrick McWilliams. II 1835-6, Mid, West and South Donegal., Ordnance Survey Memoirs of Ireland; v.39, p. 161

Publisher

Institute of Irish Studies in association with The Royal Irish Academy, Belfast

Date

1835-6 [1997]

Rights

Citation for the purposes of criticism

Format

Monograph

Language

English

Type

Ordnance survey memoir

Identifier

DD_0163

Coverage

54.590453,-7.856407

Text Item Type Metadata

Text

"The chief proprietors are the representatives of the late Colonel Leslie, who hold 45 townlands out of 50, 2 belong to the Revd Mr Dixon, 2 to Mr Aitcheson and the glebe to the clergymen. The size of the holdings varies in different parts of the parish according if it be arable or mountain. The townland of Tibhetiobar is occupied by 2 tenants as a grazing farm at 14 pounds a year."

Original Format

Printed edition

Collection

Citation

Lieutenant W. Lancey, 1835, “The landholders of the parish,” Digital Derg: A Deep Map, accessed June 22, 2024, https://digitalderg.eu/items/show/181.

Geolocation